My Ruark system is not visible or working properly with UNDOK!
This answer applies to
Below are some guidelines which should help if you are having any connection or communication problems with UNDOK.
- If your Ruark system is not showing on the home screen of the UNDOK app, firstly try touching the refresh arrow at the top of the screen. This will force the app to again search for Ruark systems on your network. Also please ensure that the wi-fi on your phone is turned on and that you are connected to the same network as your audio systems with a good signal. Disconnecting power and then reapplying so your Ruark system reboots and makes a fresh connection to your network should also be done.
- We have recently discovered that some Smart TVs interfere and can block communication between our devices and UNDOK. Try disconnecting power to your TV and then check to see if you can now discover your Ruark system on UNDOK. When the TV is again powered up, the discovery issue is usually resolved.
- Signal strength is important! If playback or communication with your audio system is unreliable then if possible, select your device on the UNDOK home screen and then tap the cog symbol at the top of the screen. This will show you the device settings and in particular you should take note of the signal strength. Anything above 50% should guarantee reliable communication and playback, but if the signal is below 50% then you should consider relocating your Ruark system or else improving your wi-fi coverage with wi-fi extenders or a mesh network.
- It is important that you check that your router firmware is up to date! Some routers will update automatically, but many still need to be updated manually. Ensuring that your router has the latest firmware installed will often overcome communication and connection issues.
- Finally, if you are still not able to see your Ruark system in UNDOK, then we suggest that your entire system including phone, router and product should be completely rebooted. By this, we mean that your phone/tablet should be shut down, so you see the maker’s symbol when it reboots and likewise power to your router and Ruark system should be completely disconnected. Once this is done turn each item back on in turn, starting with your router (wait for it to fully initialise) followed by your phone/tablet and then finally your Ruark system. This reboot should refresh and reconnect everything. As always with wi-fi devices, please be patient, as after a complete reset reconnection can take a few minutes.
Did this answer your question?
If not, please do not hesitate to contact us via our support enquiry form.